So over the past three days, I’ve learned a few things:
- Sometimes, you just can’t write. Don’t force it, just wait it out and make up the difference later.
- TV and internet can be VERY destracting.
- Writing conversations is much easier, and honestly a lot more fun.
- The comments tool is your friend; you can always go back and fix things.
- If you’re nanowrimo time zone settings are off, it will cause you problems.
- Backup, Backup, Backup!
- While a title’s not necessary this early, it’s fun to think about.
- It’s a definite time-killer when you delete entire lines of text in order to go back and fix one typo.
I’ve got 2007 words to write today in order to be fully caught up. We’re planning on a write-in at Battle and Brew before geek trivia; hopefully that will give me enough time.
If you want to follow my progress, you can watch my wordcount rise over at www.nanowrimo.com.